Friday, December 2, 2011

Fluffy Cinnamon Waffles

Finding a good Grain & Dairy Free Waffle recipe worth eating has been a rough road, a lot of them are either too dense or too dusty. Before I went Primal my all time favorite breakfast was Oat Waffles/ Pancakes and one of the reasons I took so long to give up oats if I'm honest!
So for the last few months I have been trying every recipe I coud find, tweaking here and there until now i have a recipe I can say I really love. Don't worry if you don't have a waffle iron theses make beautiful fluffy pancakes also (this is how my mum makes them, if we are nice she might share a picture?)

Heres what you are going to need

4 Free Range Eggs
1 Cup Coconut Cream
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Soda
a Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup of Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp Flax meal or LSA (optional)

Method
Preheat the Waffle iron
Pop All the ingredients into a blender starting with the wet and ending with the Coconut Flour
Blitz until Smooth
Pour into the waffle iron cook until golden brown
top with some fruit and Maple Syrup if you like
or pack up to eat on the run, I haven't actually tried but Im sure you could make in bulk and free in portions for the week, to save some time in the morning rush, ours never last that long!
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment