Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spicy Chicken and Apple with Cauliflower mash

This is another recipe I found on line that I liked, but didn't have a lot of the ingredients, so went about making my own version, not sure that its stayed true to the original, but it tasted damn good so I'm happy
again the flavours were not something I would usually put together, but this is one of the reasons I like to read recipe blogs, you get so many ideas of how to use foods that you would just never imagine on your own
Here's what you are going to need;

2 Chicken Breasts
3 Apples peeled and cored (I used Fuji because they are not too sweet and they were there!)
1 Red Onion Diced
1 Red Capsicum Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic crushed
1 400g Can Coconut Cream
2 Tbsp PeriPeri Chicken seasoning
1 Tsp Smoky Paprika
2-3 Tbsp Passata Sauce
1 Tsp Honey
Pinch Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
Cauliflower

Method
Pan fry the chicken in some Coconut oil and set aside
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté
add in the capsicum and Apples cook for a few minutes or until tender
add the Coconut Cream, PeriPeri seasoning, Passata
Simmer until the sause starts to thicken
stir thru the Honey and Cinnamon just before serving
Serve with a big helping of Cauliflower Mash

No comments:

Post a Comment