Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cauliflower & zucchini Soup

Are there no ends to the wonders of Cauliflower? Seems not, for a vegetable I had never eaten 2 years ago, now I can easily get thru 2 heads a week myself. This recipe was made up as I went along, but turned out great so I am writing it down before I forget.
Here's what you are going to need;
Ready to Freeze for another Day 

Coconut Oil
1 Red Onion
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Head of Cauliflower cut into florets
1 Zucchini Chopped
4-5 Cups Good Quality Vegetable Stock 
Optional Add;
Coconut Cream
Top with Grated Cheese and a few small florets of raw cauliflower and Lots of Black Pepper

Method
in a heavy based Pot Heat the oil
Add the onion and garlic, Saute. 
Add the Cumin stir until aromatic
Add the Cauliflower and Zucchini Stir to coat
Add the stock, (I used 4 Cups as I like a really thick Soup)
Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer
Cook until veggies tender (happily knowing most of the neighbourhood is wondering who farted ;)
Allow to cool slightly and then add a few cups at a time to a food processor, adding the stock as desired
If you want to add the coconut cream do so now (I didn't this time)
Top with the garnishes and dig in



No comments:

Post a Comment