Monday, September 12, 2011

Prawn and PawPaw Salad

This is my version of a recipe I found on Fast Paleo They are a great resource if you are new to Paleo (like me!) but take this eating lark seriously, I want amazing tasting food and I don't want to be in the kitchen all day so here goes
this is what you are going to need


Did you ever think you were taking a picture and actually make a movie? hmmm

500g Cooked prawns (I just used frozen from the Spud shed)
1/2 Paw paw skinned, seeds removed and diced (Mango would be nice also)
1 Tbsp Chives chopped
1 Tsp Lime juice
Optional chili (I didn't add as the baby was eating this, but it would be beautiful)
1 Head of Coz lettuce (or Similar) ripped into bite sized pieces
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar

Method

Add the Paw Paw to a bowl with the lime Juice, Chives and Chili if you are using it, stir to combine and set aside
Add the Balsamic to a Small pan and reduce to about half, it will look like it is think and coating the pan
Add the Prawns to a fry pan with some coconut oil cooking on both sides

Cover a large plate with the bed of lettuce layer with Paw Paw mixture and top off with lots of prawns,
drizzle over the balsamic reduction or have on the side for dipping

No comments:

Post a Comment