Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Milk and Oat Bath







I thought I would share something a little different with you today. When my baby was born we were given so many beautiful gifts one of which was a gorgeous pouch of very expensive looking milk bath powder, it was so gorgeous and mild on babies skin I was a little sad when it was all used. But it didn't look like it would really be that hard to make so I started to look for some recipes. Turns out it wasn't so here what you are going to need;

Ingredients
2 Cups of Milk Powder
1 Cup of Rolled Oats
Optional Add in;
Essentil oils, (Lavender)
I dont currently use any oils as this is mainly for the baby and they can be quite dangerous for your children and breastfeeding mothers)

Method
Pop the Oats in a blender and Whizz until they form a powdery consistency
Add the Milk powder and Whizz until combined well
If you want to add oil add them now one drop at a time until well combined whizzing after each add. 3-4 Drops will be all you need.
Pop it in a little glass jar
I add a Tsp when I pour Babies Bath but you can add as much or as little as you like.

Your skin will thank you for this one, Cleopatra had daily Milk baths and her beauty has outlasted several civilisations so she must have been onto something. So this weekend get some Billy Holiday on your Ipod pour a nice glass of wine and slip into your lovely Milk Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment