Monday, June 27, 2011

Herb Disinfectant Cleaner

everything you'll need

For the last few years I have been making my own household cleaning products. I used to dread when I had to buy them because I knew the shopping bill was going to go thru the roof and for what really? Its mostly water, fragrance and a lot of nasty chemicals you probably dont want to be spending much time around. Taking care of your body is not all about what you put into it but also considering what it comes into contact with, your skin is the largest organ you have (sorry gents) be kind to it.

So I went about finding a recipe to make my own that didn't have a long list of weird ingredients, I have adapted this over the years and swap the essential oils around depending on where I am using them. You will probably have a lot of the ingredients already and what you wont have wont cost much. heres what you will need;
one for every surface

1 Tsp Dishwashing Detergent
1 Tsp Borax
2Tbsp White Vinegar
2 Cups Hot Water
1/4 Tsp Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1/4 Tsp Lavendar Essential Oil
3 Drops Tea Tree
1 Spray Bottle

Method
Mix all the ingredients
Stir until Dry ingredients Dissolve
Allow the water to cool before you pour it into the spray bottle

This can be used on any surface except glass

No comments:

Post a Comment