Thursday, May 5, 2011

Custom Made Waffles


This is probably my all time favourite thing in the whole world to eat, I could eat them everyday for breakfast for the rest of my like quite happily. But recently my waffle maker died....It was a very sad moment and there were tears, but yesterday my brand new waffle iron arrived! Excellent news, indeed.
Breakfast had long been and gone at this stage so they became lunch. They are quick and easy and the batter doesn't need to be rested like normal waffles and they are so easily transported, just wrap them up an munch on the way to work or on the way home form the gym, OK I think I have talked them up enough

Ingredients
3 Jumbo Egg Whites
1/2 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats
Vanilla Essence
Stevia to taste
Cinnamon and Nutmeg

Method
Place all the ingredients in a blender, wet ingredients first and blitz until smooth
Spray some oil on to your heated Iron
Pour into the waffle maker, Mine takes a 1/2 cup for each waffle, but check your machine it might be different
Close and cook until browned
Serve with Fruit and yoghurt or topped with real maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment