Saturday, May 7, 2011

Big Ass Salad


If the thought of salad conjurers up a picture of Soggy limp lettuce and a bit of mushy tomato in your minds eye fear not, I have a new image for you. I like to call it my Big arsed salad, you will need the biggest plate or bowl you own a big appetite and the following;

Ingredients
1/2 Head of lettuce (I like the curly one as it looks so pretty on the plate and catches the juices from the rest of the ingredients
2 tomatoes cut into wedges
1/2 Avocado sliced
1/4 fresh green capsicum chopped
a few pieces of marinated red capsicum (not in oil)
1 spring onion
1 Carrot chopped into sticks
1 Small 180g tin of tuna (mine was pumpkin and spinach flavoured)
a few cubes of feta
1 hard boiled egg (I only eat the white, Odette gets the yolk)

Method
Grab your big plate, pop on the lettuce and top with the rest of the ingredients, you wont need a dressing as the tuna has already been dressed and Voila you are done. my big arsed salad for a small tight behind ;) I struggled to finish this but knowing I had a healthy lunch will make me feel better about having my lemon meringue that I made last night for dessert, it is mothers day after all you have to live a little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment